Several good results emerge from being able (and maybe allowing myself) to stream music in my brain.
- A power supply is always available. Don’t need to worry about AC/DC, plugging in anywhere, or recharging anything.
- No headphones, speakers, or ear buds required.
- They’re already paid for, so financial expenditures are limited to acquiring new materials, if and when I’m required to pay for them.
- A lot of my favorites are played.
Some negatives do exist.
- It’s hard to turn some songs off.
- The mental streaming algorithms seem to favor repetition.
- It’s a limited library of songs.
And of course, free will is often derailed. For instance, right now I’m streaming this.
The highway’s jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive
Everybody’s out on the run tonight
but there’s no place left to hide
Together Wendy we can live with the sadness
I’ll love you with all the madness in my soul
Oh-oh, someday girl I don’t know when
we’re gonna get to that place
Where we really wanna go
and we’ll walk in the sun
But till then tramps like us
baby we were born to run
It’s not by choice, and it’s been running about thirty minutes. Stream along with me, if you know the tune.